Terms & Conditions
SNOWLINK 2023 TERMS & CONDITIONS FROM 1ST FEBRUARY 2023
Snowlink endeavours to ensure that all our transport services run smoothly and that we meet our customers’ expectations. Please read our Terms & Conditions before making a booking. By confirming a booking with Snowlink and by making payment, the customer and all parties acknowledge that they have read, understand and agree to our Terms & Conditions for transport.
Bookings, Confirmations, Amendments & Payments:
- Advanced bookings are recommended to ensure or guarantee our availability.
- Advanced bookings are available up to 180 days before travel.
- A customer will be deemed to have entered a contract once acceptance of a booking is confirmed either verbally or by email and will abide by our Terms & Conditions.
- A 20% deposit is required to confirm a booking with Snowlink. Without a deposit your booking will not be confirmed until payment has been received. Please advise us Via email once a payment has been made so we can allocate accordingly. Final payment will be due at least 14 days prior to 1st date of travel.
- 100% Refunds for cancellations are available up to 30 days before 1st travel date. All Cancellation requests must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- For Cancellations received within 30 days of 1st travel date the 20% deposit is non- refundable. In some cases, a credit maybe provided to be used within 60 days of issue.
- For Cancellations received within 24 hours of 1st travel date 100% of all money paid is non-refundable or transferable.
- When making a booking within 48 hours of travel a 100% Non-Refundable payment will be required to confirm the booking.
- Snowlink will issue customers with a booking confirmation invoice based on the information provided at quotation, it is the customers responsibility to check that all details are correct and advise Snowlink of any changes as soon as possible so we can attempt to amend the details before travel. Changes or amendments may NOT be available within 48 hours of travel. If we have the availability to accommodate any change, an additional fee may apply. For example, if the required time for pick up booked changes, and is out of our standard operating hours before 8am or after 5pm. OR If the pickup/drop off location is changed or if passenger numbers increase.
- Full payment for the remaining balance that appears on our invoice (including any additional fees) is required at least 14 days prior before 1st date of travel unless other arrangements have been agreed to by Snowlink.
- We accept payments via Mastercard & Visa (a 1.5% additional card fee will apply). Additionally, EFT bank transfers are also available at least 3 business days prior to 1st date of travel. Cash may also be paid on collection by prior arrangement, the exact agreed fare will be required in full on collection.
- Amendments or changes to an existing booking with Snowlink must be received in writing from the customer. We will do our best to accommodate your request, but changes may not always be available at short notice. Generally, changes or amendments requested within 48 hours of travel may not be available due to existing booking commitments or vehicle allocations, etc.
- One free of charge amendment is available (subject to availability) any additional changes may incur a $50 administration fee.
Customer Cancellation and Refund Policy:
- All Cancellation requests must be received in writing from the customer named on invoice. Cancellation requests will not be accepted via telephone. Requests must be emailed to email@example.com at your earliest opportunity.
- Cancellation requests received in writing from the customer up to 30 days before the 1st date of travel, Snowlink will refund the customer in full 100% of any payment received. Less any costs we have incurred.
- Cancellation requests received in writing from the customer within 30 days before 1st travel, will forfeit the 20% non-refundable deposit. We recommend customers take out adequate travel insurance to cover travel losses.
- Cancellation or amendment requests received within 48 hours of 1st travel, Snowlink will provide NO REFUND or CREDIT under any circumstances and a 100% cancellation fee on any payment received will apply with no exceptions. We recommend customers take out adequate travel insurance to cover travel losses.
- Snowlink reserves the right to cancel a customer’s booking request if payment is not received from the customer as per our Terms & Conditions in a reasonable time or before travel. It is the customers responsibility to ensure that their payment is made as per our Terms & Conditions to confirm any booking.
- If Snowlink has no other reasonable alternative but to cancel a customer’s booking, we will provide the customer with as much notice as possible, but not limited. If Snowlink or any partner is unable to provide a vehicle to meet all or part of the customers travel arrangements due to reasons out of our control or in the case of unforeseen emergency including but not limited to illness, mechanical issues, or road closures. Snowlink will attempt to arrange a suitable alternative on the customers behalf, if a suitable alternative is not available, we will refund the customer 100% of all payments received without any additional financial liability for inconvenience or additional loss incurred by the customer due to cancellation.
- In the event of another authorised transport provider being contracted to provide the transfer on our behalf, we are not liable for any actions or consequences of the provider whilst the customer is in their care. The customer shall accept and travel under the public liability of the third-party provider.
- We always recommend that our customers take out adequate travel insurance.
Snowlink’s Travel Terms & Conditions:
- Pick Up / Departures Times: If the customer is late for the agreed pick-up time at the agreed pick-up location for any reason, the customer will incur a waiting fee charged at $20 per 15-minute increments that we are delayed. In some circumstances we may not be able to wait for any delayed passengers longer than 30 Minutes. If we are unable to wait for a delayed customer, the customer will forfeit their booking with Snowlink. Alternate transport arrangements will be required at customers cost and no refund will be provided. To avoid this, we strongly recommend that all passengers are ready to depart from the pickup location at least 10 minutes before the agreed pick-up time in case of delay. Wait fees will be charged and paid at the time of collection. In some circumstances where additional costs have been charged due to delay the customer may be able to claim through their travel insurance.
- Snowlink will not be held liable for any charges if the customer has missed flights due to unforeseen circumstances.
- In the event that our driver is delayed for reasons beyond our control our first priority will be to seek alternative arrangements, however we will not be held liable for circumstances not within our management.
- We appreciate that there are sometimes delays beyond the control of the customer and we will endeavour to accommodate whenever possible. If the delay becomes unreasonable more than 90 minutes of the scheduled transfer time or if the delay causes considerable scheduling difficulties the carrier reserves the right to cancel the booking.
- For passenger airport pick up from Sydney, Canberra, or Snowy Mountains Airport Cooma we appreciate that flight delays & cancellations are sometimes unavoidable and out of the customer’s control. We ask that we are advised as soon as possible of any known flight delay or cancellations so we can plan for adjustments to our schedule. We will generally schedule pick up to be approximately 15-30 minutes after the estimated arrival to allow for baggage collection etc. We allocate up to an additional 30-minutes for possible flight arrival delays. After a 30-minute wait for a delayed flight arrival the passenger may be liable for an additional waiting fee charged at $20. per 15-minute increments that we wait. Any agreed stop on route may be forfeited to make up lost time waiting. For airport pick-up where the customers flight is delayed, or the arrival time is changed at late notice by more than 90-minutes we may not be able to wait due to other booking commitments. Under these circumstances Snowlink reserves the right to 1) To Cancel the customers booking with no refund due. 2) Offer the customer an alternate pick up from the same location at a later time when/if we have availability. Snowlink will not be held liable for any costs incurred for missed connections due to airport delays that are out of our control. We recommend that our customers take out adequate travel insurance to cover such events.
- Planned stops for refreshments, shopping or ski hire are to be arranged and agreed to in advance.
- Additional or unauthorised/agreed stops on route for supplies, groceries or ski hire will be charged at $20 per 15–minutes for up to a maximum of 30 minutes and will only be permitted if our schedule allows time for additional stops. Impromptu stops are entirely at the discretion of your driver depending on the daily schedule. A quick refreshment stop is available on all our Private transfers that exceed 2 hours at no charge.
- We strongly advised that passengers who have flights, buses, over snow connections, ski lessons or dinner reservations booked should allow ample & extra time for travel. Snowlink will not be held responsible or in any way financially liable for any delays because of mechanical issues, excess traffic, road closures, motor vehicle accidents, or adverse weather conditions. These factors should be considered by the customer when requesting their pickup time when booking with Snowlink for transfers. Snowlink, including its authorised affiliates & drivers will not be financially liable to the customer for failing to arrive at a destination at an estimated time nor shall the customer have any claim against Snowlink for reimbursement to the cost of additional fees or charges incurred in the result of a delayed arrival under any circumstances. We recommend that all customers take out adequate travel insurance to cover uncontrollable events.
- For transport/travel times that are required before 8am and or after 5pm an additional surcharge of the fare will apply. Should a customer choose to amend their times or in the case of a delay or flight change to a booking before 8am or after 5pm an additional fee will apply. We quote & invoice according to the time advised by the customer when booking, time changes are not always available due to other booking commitments.
Charlotte Pass over snow connections & bookings during winter:
Park & Ride Parking & Transfers
Luggage/Equipment/Seat Belts/Child Restraints:
- All passengers are required under Australian law to wear seatbelts on all transfers, Snowlink is not responsible to police this.
- Infant and Baby seats are available request, it is the customers responsibility to provide Snowlink with child seat requirements at the time of booking. We will not be liable if a transfer cannot be completed due to failure to notify us.
- An additional cleaning & sanitising fee may apply if our seats are unnecessarily soiled.
- Children are legally required to travel in suitable restraints. If will be the child’s parent or guardian’s responsibility to check and adequately secure the child in a suitable seat. Snowlink is not responsible for the seat fitment or securing the child in the seat, the driver will request that the parent properly fit & secure before departure.
- Generally, passengers are restricted to 1.5 pieces of luggage per person, we request that customers advise us before travel if they have excessive luggage or will be travelling with ski or snowboard bags. A trailer for luggage or gear can be provided on request with prior notice. It is the customers responsibility to inform us if your group is exceeding standard baggage allowances. Additional costs maybe incurred if standard baggage allowance is exceeded. If we are not informed of excessive baggage including number of large ski/board bags before you travel, we will not accept liability for carriage of your luggage in the event that it will not fit in our vehicle. Push bikes & mountain bikes will be transported on suitable carriers, ski’s & snowboards can be transported in ski boxes, ski carriers or trailers.
- Snowlink will not be liable for any loss or damage caused to customers luggage except where negligence on our behalf is evident.
- Snowlink accepts no responsibility for lost or left luggage/gear, nor will any compensation be provided for any gear, equipment, or luggage accidently damaged whilst in transit.
Mountain Bike Shuttles & Transfers:
- Snowlink agrees to provide Mountain and push bike transfers at the customer’s request. We only use suitable bike racks & carriers. All due care is taken to minimise any possible damage to customers bikes whilst in transit with Snowlink. Snowlink accepts no responsibility for any damage that may be caused to a customer’s bike in transit or in the loading or unloading process. Customers undertake Snowlink bike transfers at that own risk, Snowlink will offer no compensation for any damage or loss to bicycles whilst in transit. We recommend that all customers have adequate insurance for their own property.
- Smoking and the consumption of alcohol is strictly prohibited in all Snowlink vehicles. The carriage and or consumption of illicit drugs is not permitted. For everyone’s safety we reserve our right to refuse transport to anyone deemed under the influence of alcohol or drugs. Additionally, passengers who ignore safety instructions & regulations or how are abusive will be off loaded with no refund.
- Road & weather conditions in Alpine area are completely unpredictable especially during Winter. Snowlink regularly monitors the road & weather conditions. If we believe that there will be delays caused by adverse weather, traffic, or road closures, Snowlink will attempt to contact customers affected and recommend a change in travel times if required. Additionally, in extreme circumstances a change of vehicle & or pick up location may have to also change at late notice. Snowlink will not be responsible or accept liability for any additional costs if a change is recommended.
Road & Weather Conditions:
Snowlink strongly recommends that all our passengers & customers have adequate travel insurance that will cover & include any cancellations, lose or damage of luggage & equipment and missed connections. As well of course as sufficient medical & personal injury cover.